Quality Statement - "The Academy of Higher Education and Research is committed to empower professional through quality education in health science to create global citizens"
Awards / Unique distinctions:
1. Ph.D. Award to Ms. Nikita Kanbarkar
2. PG Teacher Recognition –
• Dr. Madhavi Patil, Scientist Grade – I
• Dr. Vijay Kumbar, Scientist Grade – I
3. KAHER’s Research Grant:
• Dr. Priya Shetti
• Dr. Vijay Kumbar
• Dr. Madhavi Patil
• Dr. Laxmi Deshpande
4. Dr. Bhushan Kulkarni was invited as a Judge for State Level Poster Presentation Competition on the eve of World Environment Day on 5th June 2023 organized by KLE Society’s R.L.Science Institute, Belagavi.
5. Visit of dignitaries and their interaction with faculty members & Ph.D. Scholars regarding the research:
• On 13th March 2023: Dr. G.D. Yadav, Emeritus of Eminence & Former Vice-Chancellor, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
• on 28th April 2023: Prof. Dr. Subramaniam Ganesh, Deputy Director, Dept. of Biological Sciences & Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Conference / Workshops organized
Conference / Workshops organized:
1. The one day workshop on “Clinical and Research Applications of Flow-cytometry” was organized by Dr.P.K. Basic Science Research Centre, under the auspices of KAHER's 'University Department of Education for Health Professionals' (UDEHP), Belagavi; on 1st March 2023 at Dr.P.K.BSRC, Belagavi.
The workshop was inaugurated by Dr. Nitin Gangane, Hon VC, KAHER.
The Workshop was successfully conducted with a total of 17 participants. Scientific session was conducted during the morning session followed by hands on wet workshop. The workshop was very interactive and all the participants benefitted from the same.
OTHER PROGRAMS CONDUCTED:
1. Value Added course on ‘Basic Principles of Cell Culture Techniques’ organized by Dept. of Pharmacology, JNMC in association with Dr.P.K.BSRC, Belagavi from 10th to 12th of January 2023
2. On 11th April 2023, the demonstration on HPTLC to the delegates of the workshop on “HPLC: An Analytical Technique in Herbal Drug Industry” organized by the Dept. of Pharmacognosy of KLE College of Pharmacy, Belagavi; in association with Dr. P.K. BSRC, Belagavi.
3. Visit of students / faculty members to study the recent developments in research and working mechanism of advanced equipment:
a. The candidates of MDS – 1st Year of KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences, Belagavi; on 7th January 2023.
b. As a part of PG Orientation Programme visit of 64 PG students – 1st year MD/MS Ayurveda candidates on 29th March 2023.
c. MBBS Phase-I students (188) of JNMC from 17th to 19th April 2023.
d. 2nd Year BDS students (48) on 23rd May 2023 of KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences, Belagavi on 23rd May 2023.
e. The delegates of “5-day FDP on Biology for Engineers” organized by the Dept. of Mechanical Engineering of Jain College of Engineering, Belagavi on 31st May 2023.
f. Visit of BE Biotechnology 4th Semester students (46) of BVB Engineering College, Hubballi on 8th June 2023.
4. Internship to M.Sc. Organic Chemistry & M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry students (total 7 candidates) of DM’s College and Research Center, Assagao, Goa; for 19 days at KAHER’s Dr.P.K.BSRC, Belagavi, 29th May 2023 to 16th June 2023 (Internship as a part of MoU with DM’s college & Research Center, Goa)
Conference / Workshops attended: 1. Dr. Ramesh S. Paranjape:
• Delivered a guest lecture at DM’s College and Research Center, Assagao, Goa
• Delivered a guest lecture on “Elements of Grant Proposal – The Blue Print” on 27th March 2023 at one day MRC workshop on “Grant Writing” organized by KLE Shri B.M.K.Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Belagavi.
• Delivered a guest lecture regarding the research and advanced instruments available in the BSRC for orientation session for PG Scholars of KLE Shri B.M.K. Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Belagavi; on 27th March 2023.
• Delivered a guest lecture in the workshop on “Updates in Laboratory Techniques” on 13th January 2023, organized by the Dept. of Urology, KLES Dr.P.K. Hospital & MRC, Belagavi.
2. Dr. Suneel Dodamani:
• National Conference on Advances in Biotechnology and Nanotechnology on 14th March 2023 organized by & held at PG Dept. of Microbiology & Biotechnology, Karnataka University, Dharwad.
3. Mr. Abhijit Bhatkal:
• Delivered a guest lecture on ‘Application of Biotechnology for Engineering’ on 27th May 2023 organized by Institute of Engineers, Local Center, Belagavi.
• Delivered a Guest lecture – technical talk on ‘Bioinspired materials and Bio-Trends in Engineering’ organized by Dept. of Mechanical Engineering of Jain College of Engineering, Belagavi held on 1st June 2023.
4. Dr. Priya Shetti:
• Oral Presentation Title: Apigenin Nanolipsome Formulation and Quantitative Estimation of Apigenin by Validated HPTLC method.
Oral presentation in the International Conference on “Innovation and Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Current Scenario and Future Perspectives” organized by Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, Adichunchanagiri University & Association of Pharmaceutical Research (APR) held on 10th & 11th February 2023.
• As a delegate attended workshop on “Formulation & Optimization of Self-Emulsifying Drug Delivery System” held on 20th February 2023 organized by Dept. of Pharmaceutics of KLE College of Pharmacy, Belagavi.
5. Mr. MasoodAhmed D.T. (Ph.D. Scholar)
Attended E-Learning Session ‘Microbiology and Antimicrobial Resistance: Gram Negative Bacteria(Enterobacteria
6. All the faculty members, Ph.D. students, M.Sc. Biotechnology students
• 90th University Guest Lecture Series on 13th March 2023
• 91st University Guest Lecture Series on 28th April 2023
• 93rd University Guest Lecture Series on 9th June 2023
7. M.Sc. Biotechnology students:
Poster Presentations at National Conference on Advances in Biotechnology and Nanotechnology on 14th March 2023 organized by & held at PG Dept. of Microbiology & Biotechnology, Karnataka University, Dharwad.
a. Mr. Sumedh Bhagwan
Presentation Title: Isolation and identification on novel metabolite of endophytic fungi from Pimenta dioica
b. Ms. Purna Kamat
Presentation Title: Estimation of tartrazine in fruit juices and jams.
c. Ms. Farheen Harikop in spite of reminders not given the information sent only certificate